The G&L ASAT® Classic ‘S’ is a factory-modded version of Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. First created in 2004 by the G&L Custom Creations team, the ASAT Classic ‘S’ later joined the line as a standard model in 2008.
The basic idea for this kind of arrangement has been long established in the Nashville session player scene, where players often install a Strat® middle pickup in the middle position of a Telecaster® and swap the 3-position pickup selector with a 5-way unit.
Back in 2004, The G&L Custom Creations Department dediced to build an instrument similar to the formula adopted by the Nashville guys but with a distinctly G&L flavor with ASAT Classic MFD pickups in place of Alnico Tele® pickups, and the S-500 MFD in place of the Strat pickup. The CCD team decided to ice the cake with a push/pull tone pot that functions the same way as the S-500’s mini-toggle switch, enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together for a unique sonic depth that G&L players love.
The “S” designation comes from both internal designation for this instrument, due to its use of the S-500 middle pickup, and “Session” in homage to the origin of this guitar configuration.
This guitar was a trade-in from one of our customers. It has a small ding on the front to the bottom left of the bridge (see photos). There are some normal play pick scratches on the pickguard as well. Other than that, the guitar is in very good condition.
· CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
· SCALE: 25 1/2"
· PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ single coils
· BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
· NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard
· NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius
· NUT: 100% natural bone
· FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
· TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
· BRIDGE: traditional boxed-steel bridge with individual brass saddles
· CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull pickup expansion enabling neck+bridge or all 3 pickups together
· CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell
At A Plus Guitars, we strive to make your buying experience as pleasant as possible, and to give our customers the high-quality instrument and service that they are looking for. We take great pride in our shipping...both the packaging and the speed. We want to get your instrument to you as quickly as possible AND in great condition! We are also proud to be a featured Eastman dealer...We are THE place to find Eastman! www.aplusguitars.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (304) 842-8510.