Following a 35 year tradition of
4xEL84 based power with successful models such as the Caliber™, Maverick™,
Nomad™ and Lone Star®, we’re proud to add the legendary and first-ever MARK
preamp to the 9-Pin power lineup and introduce the MARK FIVE: 35™. This
light-middleweight is an upgraded rendering of our recent smash hit, the
mini-platform MARK FIVE: 25™ and like it, the new 35 boxes far above its class.
To further bolster the new MARK
FIVE: 35's stage-ready resume, we’ve added a Channel Independent SOLO Feature,
a long-spring tank for the all-tube Reverb, the complete set of Voicing Choices
from our CABCLONE™ with the addition of the VINTAGE setting to its on-board DI
Output and an upgraded Footswitch for access to the new footswitchable choices.
This new blend of perfect clip-ablity on demand and exciting, dynamic headroom
when you need it, creates the most adaptable MARK amplifier yet.
Features and Technical Specs
- With our MID/BOOST feature, a
- wonderful graduation of overdrive possibilities unfolds, enhancing gain over a
- broad midrange spectrum and increasing the versatility of each of the Modes in
- Channel 1.
- CHANNEL ASSIGNABLE POWER
Utilizing our Dyna-Watt™ technology
- within the Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable power array, this
- performance-oriented model offers substantially more headroom, punch and power
- in 35 WATTS, while two low power options, 25 and 10 WATTS provide a looser feel
- and enhanced power clip expression. Each of the 3 Power Level settings has its
- own sonic character and can be used to further authenticate the sound styles
- you are aiming at with your Mode choices and preamp settings. The power ranges
- and wiring styles are; 35 Watt (Dyna-Watt Power), 25 Watt (Dyna-Watt Power) and
- 10 Watt (Class AB Triode).
Our legendary BOOGIE® 5-Band Graphic
- EQ provides the ultimate in sonic flexibility. Multi-Watt™ power switches are
- quickly accessed just to the right of the sliders in the EQ window.
2CHANNEL AND 6 MODES OF MIGHTY COMPACT POWER
Independent SOLO Controls for each
- Channel offer an additional volume level that you can call up during
- performance using the MARK FIVE: 35 Footswitch.
The MARK FIVE: 35, like the MARK
- FIVE™ it’s born from, is really a collection of iconic amplifiers...it’s a
- living history of MESA/Boogie! Channel 1 covers the entire gain spectrum from
- chiming tight clean sounds, through furry, edge-of-clip, to Classic Rock CRUNCH
- and all the way up to burning saturated Lead sounds. Channel 2 delivers the
- legendary MARK II-C+ and warmer, rounder MARK IV in all their glory and the
- XTREME Mode from the MARK FIVE.
To round out the two-Channel, six
- Mode preamp and lightweight but mighty sounding power section, the MARK FIVE:
- 35 is available as both a 19” traditional “Boogie® size” Head and a portable
- 1x12 Combo. The Head can sit atop a number of MESA® Extension cabinets and the
- Combo can be coupled with an additional Extension as well for greater coverage.
- And to further enhance your enjoyment of either of these formats, a wide range
- of covering options may be chosen from our custom vinyl and leathers as well as
- exotic hardwood cabinetry.
You'll find added tone shaping in
- Channel 1 via the MID/BOOST feature on the MARK FIVE: 35 . From 0 to 5 on
- the MID/BOOST you will find the normal range of a standard MID control in a
- condensed form. From 5 to 10 on the MID/BOOST, a wonderful graduation of
- overdrive possibilities unfolds, enhancing gain over a broad midrange spectrum
- and increasing the versatility of each of the 3 Modes in Channel 1. CLEAN and
- FAT give way to furry and howling, while CRUNCH rolls past Classic Rock to
- unleash Metal rhythms and molten layers of harmonic complexity for Lead work.
Our legendary BOOGIE® 5-Band Graphic
- EQ provides the ultimate in sonic flexibility. Dial your sound in with the
- standard Tone controls and if further shaping is desired, employ the targeted
- power of the 5-Band Graphic EQ and tweak as you see fit.
The MARK FIVE: 35 includes a
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT for personal enjoyment of the amplifier when it is not
- possible or convenient to play through a speaker.
The MARK FIVE: 35 incorporates
- independent SOLO controls that allow each Channel to have its own level for the
- SOLO footswitchable boost feature. On this 35 Watt MARK rendering however,
- unlike other MESA amplifiers, the SOLO feature is really an alternate MASTER
- control wired in parallel with the Channel MASTER and therefore can achieve
- levels above or below that of the Channel MASTER controls.
A “Preview” feature is built into
- the Footswitch that indicates the status of the SOLO control of the Channel you
- are NOT playing through. A dim YELLOW LED above the SOLO button of either
- Channel on the Footswitch indicates the SOLO is called up and will be active
- when you next engage that Channel. At that time, the LED on the Footswitch will
- illuminate full strength and change color to match the Channel’s LED color
- (Green for Channel 1, Red for Channel 2) and the SOLO will determine the
- Channel’s volume level until you switch it off and return to using the
- Channel’s MASTER control.
The MARK FIVE: 35 includes a
- HEADPHONE Output for personal enjoyment of the amplifier when it is not
- possible or convenient to play through a speaker. This jack derives its
- “speaker simulated” signal from the included CABCLONE D.I. feature and delivers
- a surprisingly good rendering of the MARK FIVE: 35’s sound and feel to your
- headphone set of choice. Use this output for late night practicing as it offers
- an authentic and inspiring Tone and feel by including your power tubes and
- output transformer in the signal path, and is then frequency compensated and
- level matched courtesy of the on-board CABCLONE D.I. circuitry.
The CABCLONE D.I. Cabinet Simulation
- feature’s built-in magic that allows you to send a “silent”, cabinet-simulated
- representation of the MARK FIVE: 35’s sound direct to a Console without the
- need to mic up the speaker
The MARK FIVE: 35 upgrades include
- additions to the on-board CABCLONE D.I. feature, which now offers three classic
- “cabinet simulated” VOICING Modes and gives you the full feature set of the
- stand-alone CABCLONE D.I. minus the OUTPUT control. The simulations are an
- analog representation achieved through passive means (without op-amps to add
- gain for shaping) and were created using our 45 years of experience
- co-designing custom speakers with the world’s top makers and designing custom
- cabinets to load them in.
These CABCLONE “virtual-cabinet” options
- allow you to tailor the direct circuit’s EQ response for different cabinet
- styles, gain regions and/or different instruments and pickups. The choices
- range from bright and open with enhanced top end for buffed clean sounds (OPEN
- BACK), to a more compressed voice with the upper harmonics shelved for warm,
- singing single note sounds and thick high gain rhythm work (VINTAGE), to a
- scooped midrange and boosted top and bottom response curve called CLOSED BACK
- that excels for heavy Crunch rhythm and high gain Lead work.
Among these three VOICING options
- here on the MARK FIVE: 35 you have a broad spectrum of responses to choose from
- when going Direct. How you wish to apply them is up to you and these
- descriptions merely provide a guideline to start with. Regardless of how you
- dedicate them to your Channels for your recording needs, you'll have all the
- power needed to capture great guitar sounds Direct.
- Made in Petaluma, California with the World’s Finest
- All-Tube Amplifier: 4xEL-84 Power Tubes & 6x12AX7
- Preamp Tubes
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- Patented Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power Amp
- featuring MESA’s proprietary Dyna-Watt™ technology providing three power
- levels and two wiring configurations (Pentode/Triode) via independent
- 35/25/10 Watt Power Switches:
- 10-Watt Mode utilizes 2 power tubes operating in Class
- A/B Triode for lush harmonics and liquid feel at lower volumes;
- 25 & 35-Watt Modes utilize 2 or 4 power tubes
- respectively, operating in MESA’s exclusive Dyna-Watt™ Class A/B Pentode
- for maximum power, punch and clarity